Taking a break. Three very satisfying words. However, in this context, not so! Yes, work is piling up, so I’m taking a short time off blogging. You’ll have probably noticed I haven’t been as active lately; I didn’t even post a quiz on Sunday! Don’t fret – it should only be a couple of weeks.
And, you’ll be glad to know, we’ve got a great run of films coming up soon too: some more 70 classics, including one of the famous detective thrillers ever, a lovely bit of Kubrick, one of the best mockumentaries ever made, and some vital war films – y’know, just to lighten the mood.
Anyway, here are the answers to the antiheroes quiz. Congratulations to Princecarnoir, who won last round!
- Quint (Jaws)
- John Rambo (First Blood)
- The Sundance Kid (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid)
- Tom Powers (The Public Enemy)
- Steven Jay Russell (I Love You Phillip Morris)
- Rooster Cogburn (True Grit)
- Colin Sullivan (The Departed)
- Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
- Léon (The Professional)
- Howard Ratner (Uncut Gems)
- Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal Rising)
- Kylo Ren (Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker)
- Jimmy McNulty (The Wire)
- Rupert Pupkin (The King of Comedy)
- Donnie Darko (Donnie Darko)
- Hud Bannon (Hud)
- Daniel Plainview (There Will Be Blood)
- Darkman (Darkman)
- Chili Palmer (Get Shorty)
- Amsterdam Vallon (Gangs of New York)
- Brendan (Brick)
- Rick Deckard (Blade Runner 2049)
- Midge Kelly (Champion)
- Jack Grimaldi (Romeo Is Bleeding)
- Jef Costello (Le Samouraï)
Don’t go changing!